2022 VOTER REGISTRATION & ABSENTEE VOTING
When is the last day to request an absentee ballot application?
- Voting by mail - not an official date, just in time for it to be received by Clerk’s Office by 10/27
- Traveling Board - Monday, November 7th by noon
*to be sent to them by mail - request must be received by midnight 10/27
*to be sent to them by e-mail or fax - request must be rec’d by noon November 7th
**request for absentee ballot application may be received by mail, email (scanned copy of completed application attached), or fax
When must my absentee ballot application be received by Clerk to be processed in time to receive a ballot in the mail?
- Voting Absentee Ballot by mail - if mailed, e-mailed, hand delivered or faxed, Thursday October 27th by 11:59 pm (before midnight)
- Delivery by Traveling Board - Monday, November 7th by noon
- Military/Overseas - by midnight October 27th if ballot to be mailed by noon November 7th if requesting to vote by e-mail or fax
When must my ballot be received by Clerk to be processed in time to be counted?
- Voting by mail - Mail received on election day November 8th
- Military/Overseas - Postmarked by the date of the election, November 8th and received by noon 10 days following the election, if mailed. If e-mailed or faxed the ballot must be received in Clerk’s Office by 6pm on Election Day
When is absentee voting in Clerk’s office?
- Begins Wednesday October 12th at 9:00 am until 4:00 pm (no breaks for lunch any day)
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
- Extended hours: Thursday October 27th 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Extended hours: Thursday November 3rd 9:00 am until 7:00 pm
- Also Saturday October 29th from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Also Saturday November 5th from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm
- Absentee voting in Clerk’s office ceases at noon Monday November 7th (9:00 to noon)
When is the last possible time to register to vote?
- By mail - Envelope holding registration must be postmarked by October 11th
- Hand-Delivered - To Clerk’s office by close of business (4:30) October 11th
- At BMV - October 11th, Call 888-692-6841 BMV is open 11/8 for ID’s only
- Via www.in.gov - Prior to midnight on October 11th
- Military or Overseas - October 31st
First day the Traveling Board can go out: Thursday, October 20th
Absentee Ballot by Mail
Voters must complete the application, including a signature, print it and mail it to:
300 N. Capitol Ave.
Corydon, IN 47112
Election Day Voting
See the information below to determine where you will need to go on election day to cast your vote. Please be sure to bring identification with you to the election polling site. You will need to bring your Driver’s License or other State or Federal Government issued photo ID to your polling location. This ID must contain your photo, your name and an expiration date that is current or expired after the most recent General Election. For more information on valid photo ID’s please visit www.photoID.in.gov
If you need to confirm your voting precinct please view the voting precinct map by clicking on the graphic below.
Updated Polling sites as of September 27th, 2022