The Clerk's Office provides a wide range of services to the residents of Harrison County Indiana, the Indiana Judicial System and the State of Indiana.
The Harrison County Clerk's Offices responsibilities include:
- Administers the official Court Records of all Court Cases with jurisdiction in Harrison County
- Clerk's Office prepares the Court's permanent historical record
- Responsible to process marriage applications and issue marriage licenses
- Process applications for passports
- Process Indiana Dept. of Revenue tax warrants for collection
- Clerk processes and distributes documents for court cases
- The Clerk collects, distributes and reconciles monies related to court cases and is subject to regular audits by the Indiana State Board of Accounts.
- The Clerk administers all Federal, State, County,Municipal and special elections for Harrison County
*Please Note: The Harrison County Clerk's Office only accepts cash payments for Child Support Payments. To make a Child Support payment by credit card please visit https://childsupportbillpay.com/Indiana/ for additional information. You may also call 1-855-972-9427 (toll free) to make a payment over the phone. They accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. Convenience fees will apply to Internet and phone payments.
2018 Primary Election Information
Candidate filing for the 2018 Primary Election in Harrison County begins at 8am, Wednesday, January 10th and ends at noon, February 9th. All School Board offices are elected in the General, or Fall, Election. Forms for those offices will be posted after the Primary.
Candidates for countywide or township offices must complete the CAN-2 and CAN-12 forms and submit them, in person, to the Circuit Court Clerk’s office at 300 North Capitol Avenue, Corydon. (the Courthouse) Candidates for precinct committeeman and convention delegates must submit the CAN-37 and CAN-12 to the Clerk also.
If the Office sought has a salary of $5,000 or more per year, or the candidate spends or receives more than $500 in contributions, the CFA-1 must be submitted no later than 10 days after candidacy filing.
The following documents are provided as Microsoft Word documents for editing purposes. After clicking on the links below the files will be downloaded to your computer.